March 2023 Board Meeting Highlights
- Discussed and approved the new KDA website, with kudos to Ron Moffet who guided its development.
- Decided to add to the website a section on highlights from KDA Board meetings.
- Discussed and resolved issues relating to KDA grants and fellowships policy.
- Received a status report and discussed the Global KD Conference to be held in London this November.
- Decided that it would not be necessary to amend the KDA mission statement to accommodate funding DNA testing to diagnose KD.
- Discussed and approved the 2022 Annual Report, with thanks to Jameson Parker for his work on it.
February 2023 Meeting Notes
- Approved funding for an SBMA Research Workshop to be held in September 2023, with the aim of attracting more scientists into research on Kennedy's Disease.
- Discussed progress in the development of the new KDA website.
- Discussed the KD Men's Support Group initiative.
- Agreed to review draft of the KDA 2022 Annual Report.
- Discussed and approved publication of a financial aid form for people who may need funding for a diagnostic blood test for KD.
- Discussed the 2023 "International Kennedy's Disease" conference to be held in London in November.
- Approved Kathy Thompson as interim KDA Secretary to replace Simon Hill who will remain on the Board.
January 2023 Meeting Notes
- Welcomed Bob Borden as the co-editor (with Jameson Parker) of the KDA Newsletter.
- Approved Treasurer David Yelton's recommendation to file KDA regulatory documents for select states.
- Approved Ron Moffett's recommendation for a new website developer.
- Discussed initiative to offer KDA funding for people needing financial assistance for the diagnostic blood test for KD.
- Discussed content for the KDA Winter Newsletter.