- Previously Undiagnosed Spinal and Bulbar Muscular Atrophy as a Cause of Airway Obstruction after Robot-Assisted Laparoscopic Prostatectomy.
- Natural History of SBMA
Descriptive timeline of SBMA discoveries - once in the link, scroll down for information.
- Stem cells 'treat muscle disease'
- Use of epidural anaesthesia for surgery in a patient with Kennedy’s disease
- Administration of testosterone results in reversible deterioration in Kennedy’s disease
- Kennedy's disease phenotype with positive genetic study for Kugelberg-Welander's disease: case report
- A Comprehensive Endocrine Description of Kennedy’s Disease Revealing Androgen Insensitivity Linked to CAG Repeat Length
- Whole-body Gene Therapy Developed for Muscular Dystrophy
"Proof of principle" that delivering new genes to all muscles is possible
- NINDS Kennedy's Disease Information page
- DNA testing for Disease
- Human Genetics and Medical Research
- An on-line exhibit on genetics research, sponsored by the Office of NIH History, is now available on the World Wide Web. The exhibit answers important questions about genetics research and features cartoons to increase children's interest in genetics. A physical version of the exhibit is also on display at the NIH Clinical Center.
- Spinal and Bulbar Muscular Atrophy - Clinical Features and Pathogenesis - PDF Document
- Leuprorelin Rescues Polyglutamine-Dependent Phenotypes in Transgenic Mouse model of Spinal & Bulbar Muscular Atrophy - PDF Document
June 2003 article - research team: Masahisa Katsuno, Hiroaki Adachi, Manabu Doyu, Makoto Minimiyama, Chen Sang, Yasushi Koboyashi, Akira Inukai and Gen Sobue, University of Nagoya
- DNA Sticky Tape Treatment
- Scientists believe they can stop certain genetic diseases by correcting DNA mutations.
- SBMA Individuals May Have a Low-Risk of Prostate Cancer
Genetic alterations of Androgen Receptor Gene
- Lateral Corticospinal Tract and Spinal Ventral Horn in X-Linked SBMA
Abstract by Terao, Sobue, Hashizume, Tanaka & Mitsuma
- PGD - Preimplantation genetic diagnosis for SBMA
Abstract by Grewel, Leeflang, Zhang & Arnheim
- Genetic Diagnosis of an Inherited Form of Motor Neuron Disease
Abstract by Bing-Wen Soong
- Therapy Investigated for ALS May Find New Role in Kennedy’s Disease
- Families of SMA Conference June, 2001. Dr. Kenneth Fischbeck and Dr. Diane Merry discuss SBMA research advancements and have a question & answer session with Kennedy's individuals and family members.
- Clinical Trial Conducted - Old trial (2000)
Dr. Albert La Spada, Ph.D., summarizes SBMA including diagnosis, management, genetic counseling, molecular genetics, and resource information.