See what has been added or updated since your last visit ...
- October 30, 2018 - BVS857 Clinical Trial Yields Mixed Results. To learn more, click here.
- October 28, 2018 - Trial Shows Positive Initial Results for IGF-1. To learn more, click here.
- October 26, 2018 - Safety, tolerability, and preliminary efficacy of an IGF-1 mimetic in patients with spinal and bulbar muscular atrophy: a randomised, placebo-controlled trial. To learn more, click here.
- September 2, 2018 - Systemic Delivery of MicroRNA Using Recombinant Adeno-associated Virus Serotype 9 to Treat Neuromuscular Diseases in Rodents. This study focuses on identifying a miRNA that directly downregulates expression of the mutant AR transgene and on designing a safe and efficient mode of delivery of the miRNA to the spinal cord and skeletal muscle of our disease mouse model. For onformation on this study, click here.
- August 30, 2018 - Carlo Rinaldi, associate professor and clinician scientist at the University of Oxford in England, was awarded an MDA Development Grant totaling $120,000 over 3 years to study the role of androgen receptor isoforms in SBMA. The MDA just announced it is funding 34 new research projects totaling 9.9 million dollars. For more information, click here.
- March 16, 2018 - Study identifies potential drug for treatment of Kennedy's Disease. To read the Medical Press article, click here.
There are currently no trials being conducted. For information regarding past trials. Click here.
- September 27, 2018 - The 2018 Kennedy's Disease Association's preliminary conference agenda is out, To view the agenda, click here! Hope to see you in San Diego!
- July 24, 2018 - Our 8th Annual KD Golf Scramble will be held on September 29th at High Meadow Ranch Golf Course, Magnolia Texas. You don't have to be there in order to donate to help us find a cure. Be a sponsor and get your name on the Tree of Hope or signs placed throughout the golf event. Thanks to your generosity, last years Golf Scramble raised over $40,000. Help us make our 8th annual Golf Scramble a huge success as we try and find a cure for Kennedy's Disease. For more information, click here.
- June 24, 2018 - Board member Jameson Parker is named Vice President of the Kennedy's Disease association. To view Jameson's profile, click here.
- June 10, 2018 - REGITER NOW FOR THE 2018 KDA CONFERENCE in sunny San Diego, California! The conference runs Wednesday, 10/31 thru Friday 11/2/18. Look forward to seeing everyone! To register, click here!
- April 7, 2018 - GoFundMe Star Ralph Briones Gives Us a Voice. Ralph Briones is currently at $17,075 of his $15,000 goal! Way to go Ralph! We at the KDA are amazed at your impact. Check out his GoFundMe page to see his story and check out this video he produced that gives us a voice. We are not alone, we are in this struggle together. Hope to see you this fall in San Diego.
- March 6, 2018 - The 2nd Annual Dim Sum + Give Some event will be held at the Italian Conference Center in Milwaukee on March 25th. Go to dimsumgivesome.com to see the details. We hope you can make it!
- February 3, 2018 - Stephanie Izard hosting pop-up dim sum fundraiser at Duck Duck Goat on February 11th with guest chefs Dan Jacobs and Dan Van Rite, who co-own DanDan, an American-Chinese restaurant, in Milwaukee. The beneficiary of the charity event will be the Kennedy’s Disease Association. For more info, click here.
- January 28, 2018 - The 2018 KDA Conference will be held in San Diego, CA. Wednesday, 10/31 thru Friday 11/2/18. We hope you can join us.
- August 30, 2018 - This year, NORD’s 2018 Rare Diseases and Orphan Products Breakthrough Summit will take place October 15-16 in Washington, D.C. For more information, click here.
- January 25, 2018 - February 28th is Rare Disease Day. The global theme for Rare Disease Day 2018 is research. Research brings hope to people living with rare diseases. To learn more about Rare Disease Day. Click here.